Outerwear

I've been on the hunt for a casual outerwear piece for a little while. I came across this coat/blazer/jacket while out thrifting and was instantly struck. I actually had to come back on another day to get it because I had to wrap my head around the multi-functionality of it. It zips and/or buttons, rugged yet fits like a slim-fitting sports coat, and keeps me warm without breaking a sweat in this often unpredictable west coast weather. It might be the perfect coat although I kinda wish it was in navy. It goes well with most of what I've been wearing this season though.

The other thing that surprised me was that it was made by a very popular high end designer which I think I'll just keep a secret because it wasn't what first caught my attention. I think there is something to that because I wish more brands got attention because of the design, quality, and function of their garments than just the name on the label.

I do need to find a scarf (not too thick) that might go with it so if anybody has a link or color suggestion hit me up.

2 comments:

  1. A light blue chambray scarf from hill-side would liven that lovely jacket up just right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12/12/2011

    I love that style. I think casual outerwear for kids is really cute.

    ReplyDelete