The Worker

Adam Kimmel x Carhartt Hay Shirt
I'm a big fan of the work shirt. I know it goes at least as far back as the old west and would even go as far as calling it the new white-tee because of how ubiquitous it has become in menswear over the last few years. It's one of the most versatile shirts you can own and even though considered a casual staple can also be smartened up by simply tucking it in an adding a tie. I own a few from a couple of different brands that I rotate depending on the occasion.

I mentioned in an earlier post about my appreciation for designer Adam Kimmel and ever since word got out of his collaboration with Carhartt I've been anxious to see his take of this wardrobe staple. The shirt above is part of that collection and is a fine example of reinterpreting a classic for today. A tailored silhouette and a nice shade of blue keeps this version out of Dad's shirt territory. Barney's got this one on pre-order for spring but I'll probably be waiting till the spring sale before I try to snag one.

No comments:

Post a Comment