What The Hay

Adam Kimmel x Carhartt Hay Shirt
I've noticed a shift in menswear and fashion in general. In the "old" days it was the designer's collective vision expressed through an entire collection that defined the style and message of that brand. In this era of cross pollination of style and competing price points a designer is successful if they are able to communicate that vision through a signature item. It probably is a much harder task and I assume not always intentional when a shirt, shoe, jacket, trouser, or accessory becomes the designers defining piece.

I've raved on about my appreciation for Adam Kimmel before and specifically this shirt. My friend and blog partner David of United Style/Cultivated can tell you about my love for it from our recent retail excursion out in L.A a couple of weeks ago. I didn't pull the trigger then but ran across it a second time on sale at my local Barney's and decided not to let it slip my grasps again. It's just such a well designed garment from the Adam Kimmel x Carhartt collection and I think is the defining piece from the collaboration. It combines the best of the American workwear tradition with a truly modern point of view. 

I actually made a conscience decision to get it a size larger as a layering piece for fall but I do the think it still fits well as a stand alone shirt.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8/21/2012

    I knew you'd obsess over that shirt!

    ReplyDelete